Biological/Zoological Article Repositories Online
- AnimalBase (University of Göttingen)
- A library of digitized zoological literature from 1589 to the present.
- Aquatic Commons
- Online repository of publications on natural marine, estuarine/brackish and fresh water environments.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- This resource includes publications from 10 major natural history museums and research institutions, including the American Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian, Field Museum and others.
- BioOne is a full-text repository of 200 leading journals in the biological, ecological and environmental sciences.
- Publications in Marine Science in digital form, including preprints, published articles, technical reports and working papers.
- Proceedings of International Ornithological Congresses
- The International Ornithological Union traditionally publishes ‘Proceedings’ which comprise the papers from Presidential addresses, plenary lectures and symposia at International Ornithological Congresses, and associated secretarial, committee and working group reports.
Ornithological Reference Sources
- Cornell Bird Guide
- A searchable database of 584 of the more than 700 regularly occurring North American bird species.
- Wind-Wildlife Impacts Literature Database (WILD)
- WILD is a browseable collection of documents that cover the impact on wildlife from a variety of technologies, including wind and marine energy, power lines and communications towers.
- Beginner's Guide to Bird Watching
- This guide by HomeAdvisor provides bird-watching tips in detail for people of virtually any age.
- The Complete Guide to Bird Watching
- "Observing our feathered friends can be a great way to fill a day, and best of all anybody – regardless of age, stature or physical condition – can enjoy it. Let’s take a look at the many and varied ways that you can take up birding, and gain the most from this charming activity."
Ornithological Research Guidelines
- Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research
- A guide to recommended practices for the use and treatment of wild birds in research.
SORA Partner Resources
- SORA Contributor Guidelines
- Information about format requirements for documents hosted in the SORA archive.
- SORA Journal Usage Statistics
- Article-level report on journal usage activity.
- SORA Journal Usage Data Page
- Exportable data on journal usage activity.
- SORA Google Analystics Snapshot
- SORA website analytics snapshot (in development).