Biological/Zoological Article Repositories Online
- AnimalBase (University of Göttingen)
- A library of digitized zoological literature from 1589 to the present.
- Aquatic Commons
- Online repository of publications on natural marine, estuarine/brackish and fresh water environments.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- This resource includes publications from 10 major natural history museums and research institutions, including the American Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian, Field Museum and others.
- BioOne is a full-text repository of 200 leading journals in the biological, ecological and environmental sciences.
- Publications in Marine Science in digital form, including preprints, published articles, technical reports and working papers.
- Proceedings of International Ornithological Congresses
- The International Ornithological Union traditionally publishes ‘Proceedings’ which comprise the papers from Presidential addresses, plenary lectures and symposia at International Ornithological Congresses, and associated secretarial, committee and working group reports.
Ornithological Reference Sources
- Cornell Bird Guide
- A searchable database of 584 of the more than 700 regularly occurring North American bird species.
- Wind-Wildlife Impacts Literature Database (WILD)
- WILD is a browseable collection of documents that cover the impact on wildlife from a variety of technologies, including wind and marine energy, power lines and communications towers.
Ornithological Research Guidelines
- Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research
- A guide to recommended practices for the use and treatment of wild birds in research.
For Beginning Birdwatchers
- Birdwatching Guide for the Whole Family
- Birdwatching – otherwise known as birding – can be fun for everyone in the family.
- 60 Tail Feathers of North American Birds
- This guide helps you identify different tail feathers you encounter in North America.