Táxons de aves de validade questionável com ocorrência no Brasil. I — Introdução e lista geral.
Mallet-Rodrigues, F. 2005. Táxons de aves de validade questionável com ocorrência no Brasil. I — Introdução e lista geral. Revista Brasileira de Ornitologia, 13: 210–211.
In Portuguese; English summary.
Questionable bird taxa with occurrence in Brazil. I — Introduction and general list.
Here I initiate a revision of the bird taxa described from Brazil or with known occurrence in the country whose taxonomic validity is not possible to certify. These taxa are generally known from only one or a few specimens.
- 16 taxa (36.5%) are recognized in the literature as possible hybrids;
- 6 (13.5%) are regarded as the product of individual variations;
- 8 (18%) are listed as synonyms under other taxa;
- 3 (7%) are recognized as probable intermediates between related geographical forms; and
- 3 (7%) are accepted only as subspecies by some authors.
- 8 taxa (18%) are treated by distinct authors in more than one of the above cases.